Bernina 480 Sewing Machine
PRE-ORDER FOR FEBRUARY DELIVERY (estimated)
The Bernina 480 is highly sophisticated and brilliantly simple: Power, speed, perfection and ease
Automatic features save time: Automatic thread cutting; Press a button, thread is cut; Save time for the most creativity. Threads are cut automatically and the needle lifts leaving your hands free to keep on creating as easily and quickly as you like.
Big ideas need more space: More room for all kinds of projects; Slide-on extension table included; Spacious and hassle free. The extended freearm offers 7" right of the needle and allows plenty of room for projects, quilts and all kinds of creativity.
Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure: Thin fabrics? Increase pressure; Thick materials? Reduce pressure; Sew a variety of materials with ease. The basic setting can be individually adjusted, ensuring the ideal pressure is always used for whatever fabrics and materials you choose.
Easy to navigate touch screen: Modern colour touch screen; Easy to use with simple navigation; On-screen support when needed. The on-screen, there-when-you-need-it, Sewing Consultant helps you find the right settings. Make suggested adjustments quickly with the multi-function knobs.
Hands free and in control: Hands-free sewing with the knee lifter; Your hands guide the fabric anytime; Simultaneously raises/lowers presser foot and feed dog. The Bernina Free Hand System lets you lift or lower the presser foot using only the knee lifter, keeping your hands free to guide your projects.
Perfect stitches perfectly easy: Sew perfect stitches with 9mm stitch width; Jumbo bobbin means fewer stops; Convenient, front-load bobbin. The Bernina Hook keeps the stitches consistent and precise, and fast too, sewing at a maximum speed of 900 stitches per minute.
- 994 stitch patterns (inc. 5 alphabet, 29 utility stitches, 11 buttonholes (inc. eyelet), 2 darning programmes, 250 decorative stitches, 27 quilting stitches, 21 cross-stitch programmes)
- Reverse sewing
- Bernina Hook system
- 900 stitches per minute
- 7"/177.7mm space to the right of the needle
- 4.3"/10cm Colour touch screen
- 8 LED sewing lights
- Multi-function knobs
- 9mm maximum stitch width
- 6mm maximum stitch length
- 11 needle positions
- Sewing in each needle position
- 2 spool holders
- Semi-automatic needle threader
- Automatic thread cutter
- Adjustable presser foot pressure
- 4 manual thread cutters
- Adaptive Thread Tension
- Create and save stitch combinations
- Memory (short-term/altered stitches)
- Memory (long-term/altered stitches)
- BSR enabled, straight stitch and zigzag (separate BSR foot required, not included)
- Start/stop button (stitching without foot control)
- Slide speed control
- USB interface for PC connection
- Changing stitch settings while sewing
- Bernina foot control with back-kick function
- Needle stop up/down
- Drag and Drop
- Bobbin winding while sewing/embroidering
- On-screen help
- Sewing tutorial
- Creative consultant
- Setup programme
- Bernina freearm slide-on table
- Dust cover
- Magnetic accessory box
- Pattern start/end function
- Automatic securing function
- Pattern repeat (up to 9)
- Free Hand System (FHS)
- Automatic buttonhole length measuring system
- Automatic buttonhole
- Manual multi-step buttonhole
- Button sew-on programme
- Machine weight: 9.5kg
- Machine size: 423/200/328mm 16.6"/7.9"/12.9"
- Warranty: 7 years
PRESSER FEET INCLUDED:
#1 Reverse Pattern Foot
#2 Overlock Foot
#3A Buttonhole Foot with Slide
#4 Zipper Foot
#5 Blindstitch Foot
Bernina Free Hand System (FHS)
Jumbo bobbins (4)
Pack of Bernina needles
Height compensation tool
Magnetic accessory case
Slide-on extension table
BERNINA VIDEO GUIDES:
We will send your order on or before the next working day (Monday-Friday) of receiving payment, subject to stock availability.
We aim to despatch all orders received by 3pm on the same day. You will receive an email from us to confirm your order and a second email to confirm despatch.
If you need to amend your order once it is confirmed, please email us at email@example.com as soon as possible - we will do all we can to amend your parcel before it is sent.
Any orders received after 3pm on Fridays* will be despatched on the next working day, ie the following Monday or, in the event of a Bank Holiday, Tuesday.
If any item on your order is out of stock we will contact you to discuss possible alternatives, a refund or expected delivery date - if you can leave a telephone number on your account this will help us to contact you quickly if we need to.
* We will resume Saturday postings when we reopen 2 December.
Click & Collect is available at our Bury St Edmunds and Ely shops - local delivery is also available.
Please click here for further information on our delivery options.
If you have any questions about any of our products please click here to get in touch.