Bernina 540 Sewing Machine
PRE-ORDER FOR END FEBRUARY DELIVERY (estimated)
The Bernina 540 makes sewing easy...the perfect machine for passionate sewists
Get the right pressure everytime: Sew any material with ease; Increase pressure for thin materials; Reduce pressure for thick materials. Ensures the ideal pressure is always used for the selected stitch. The basic setting can be individually adjusted.
Perfect tension for perfect stitches: Precise and powerful sewing; Just sew without any worries; Achieve beautiful stitch results. Thanks to the Adaptive Thread Tension you get optimal thread tension for perfect stitch quality on both sides of the fabric.
More space for creative freedom: Realise big projects with ease; Enough space for your creations; Embroidery module optional. The extended freearm offers 8.5" space to the right of the needle - giving you a grand sewing area for grand ideas.
Ask your on-screen support: Modern colourful touch screen; Easy to use with simple navigation; On-screen support when needed. The Sewing Consultant helps you to find the right settings. Adjust suggested alterations quickly with the multifunction-knobs.
Sew quieter, faster, longer, better: Sew perfect stitches with 9mm stitch width; Jumbo bobbin to sew longer; Front load the bobbin with new thread. The Bernina Hook keeps the stitches consistent and precise with a maximum speed of 1,000 stitches per minute.
Automatic features save time: No manual thread cutting; Press a button to cut your thread; Save time for your creativity. Thanks to the automatic thread cutter your threads are cut automatically and the needle will be lifted afterwards.
- Bernina Hook system
- 1048 stitches (inc. 300 Decorative stitches, 44 Quilting stitches, 31 Cross-stitch programmes, 5 alphabets, 30 Utility stitches, 14 Buttonholes (inc. eyelet)
- 1000 stitches per minute
- 8.5"/215mm space to the right of the needle
- 4.3"/10cm colour touch screen
- 12 LED sewing lights
- Multi-function knobs
- 9mm maximum stitch width
- 6mm maximum stitch length
- 11 needle positions
- Sewing in each needle position
- 2 spool holders
- Semi-automatic needle threader
- Automatic thread cutter
- Adjustable presser foot pressure
- 4 manual thread cutters
- Adaptive Thread Tension
- Create and save stitch combinations
- Memory (short-term/altered stitches)
- Memory (long-term/altered stitches)
- BSR enabled, straight stitch and zigzag (separate BSR foot required, not included)
- Start/stop button (stitching without foot control)
- Slide speed control
- Upper thread indicator
- USB interface for PC connection
- Changing stitch settings while sewing
- Bernina foot control with back-kick function
- Needle stop up/down
- Drag and drop
- Bobbin winding while sewing/embroidering
- On-screen help
- Sewing tutorial
- Creative consultant
- Setup programme
- Dust cover
- Magnetic accessory box
- Pattern start/end function
- Programmable securing function
- Automatic buttonhole length measuring system
- Automatic buttonhole
- Manual multi-step buttonhole
- Button sew-on programme
- Darning programmes
- Machine weight: 11kg
- Machine size: 461/200/327.5mm 18.1"/7.9"/12.9"
- Warranty: 7 years
- Note: An embroidery unit is available for this machine, purchased separately
PRESSER FEET INCLUDED
#1 Reverse Pattern Foot
#1C Reverse Pattern Foot
#2 Overlock Foot
#2A Overlock Foot
#3A Buttonhole Foot with Slide
#4 Zipper Foot
#4D Zipper Foot
#20C Open Embroidery Foot
Slide on extension table
Bernina Free Hand System (FHS)
Multifunction foot control
Pack of Bernina needles
Height compensation tool
Canvas slip cover
Freestanding accessory wardrobe
BERNINA VIDEO GUIDES
We will send your order on or before the next working day (Monday-Friday) of receiving payment, subject to stock availability.
We aim to despatch all orders received by 3pm on the same day. You will receive an email from us to confirm your order and a second email to confirm despatch.
If you need to amend your order once it is confirmed, please email us at email@example.com as soon as possible - we will do all we can to amend your parcel before it is sent.
Any orders received after 3pm on Fridays* will be despatched on the next working day, ie the following Monday or, in the event of a Bank Holiday, Tuesday.
If any item on your order is out of stock we will contact you to discuss possible alternatives, a refund or expected delivery date - if you can leave a telephone number on your account this will help us to contact you quickly if we need to.
* We will resume Saturday postings when we reopen 2 December.
Click & Collect is available at our Bury St Edmunds and Ely shops - local delivery is also available.
Please click here for further information on our delivery options.
If you have any questions about any of our products please click here to get in touch.