V2 Terms of Sale
These Terms of Sale, together with any documents referred to herein, set out the terms under which goods are sold by us to consumers through our website, www.sewmuchtodo.co.uk. Please read these Terms of Sale carefully and ensure you understand them before ordering any goods from our site. You will be required to read and accept these Terms when ordering goods. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms, you will not be able to order goods through our website.
Information about us
The website www.sewmuchtodo.co.uk is owned and operated by Sew Much To Do, a limited company registered in England no. 8195468, whose registered address is George Court, Bartholomew's Walk, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England CB7 4JW. Our VAT number is 143 9513 11.
Access to our website
You must be over 18 to purchase goods through our website or, if under 18, you must have a parent or guardian's permission to register with and purchase goods from our website in conjunction with and under their supervision.
You must be over 18 to buy scissors or rotary cutters from our website and you will be asked to confirm your age for such a purchase at the checkout.
Goods, Pricing and Availability
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure all descriptions and graphical representations of goods available from us correspond to the actual goods. Please note, however, that images are for illustrative purposes only and there may be slight variations in colour between the image of a product and the actual product sold due to differences in computer displays and lighting conditions. Fabric samples are available on request. Images and/or descriptions of packaging are for illustrative purposes only, the actual packaging of goods may vary. This does not exclude our responsibility for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to minor variations of the correct goods, not to different goods altogether.
If you do not receive the correct goods please call us on 01353 664000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of receiving your delivery.
Please take care when ordering fabric. We measure using the metric system and fabric is sold by the quarter metre. Our minimum order is a quarter metre for each fabric selected. If you want to order one quarter of fabric it will be cut as a long quarter unless you choose fat quarter from the drop down selection box. If you want to purchase 1 metre of fabric, please select 4 quantities of fabric - multiple quantities will be cut as one continuous length of long quarters. Please refer to our chart below for clarification. [Diagram to go in here]
We cannot guarantee that goods will always be available. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure all stock indications provided on the website are accurate.
Minor changes may, from time to time, be made to certain goods between your order being placed and us processing that order and dispatching the goods, for example to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, or to address any technical or security issues. Any such changes will not change any main characteristics of the goods and will not normally affect your use of those goods. However, if any change is made that would affect your use of the goods, suitable information will be provided to you.
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure all prices shown on our site are correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and to add, alter or remove special offers from time to time and as necessary. All pricing information is reviewed and updated regularly. Changes in price will not affect any order you have already placed (excepting any VAT change).
All prices are checked by us before we accept your order. In the unlikely event that we have shown incorrect pricing information, we will email you to inform you of the mistake. If the correct price is lower than that shown when you made your order, we will simply charge you the lower amount and continue processing your order. If the correct price is higher, we will contact you by email to give you the option to purchase the goods at the correct price or to cancel your order (or the affected part of it). We will not proceed with processing your order in this case until you respond. If we do not receive a response from you within five working days, we will treat your order as cancelled and notify you of this by email.
If the price of goods you have ordered changes between your order being placed and us processing that order and taking payment, you will be charged the price shown on our site at the time of placing your order.
All prices on our site include VAT. If the VAT rate changes between your order being placed and us taking payment, the amount of VAT payable will be automatically adjusted when taking payment.
Delivery charges are not included in the price of goods displayed on our site – please refer to our Delivery information. Delivery options and related charges will be presented to you as part of the order process.
Order and Contract Formation
Our site will guide you through the ordering process. Before submitting your order you will be given the opportunity to review and amend it. Please ensure you have checked your order carefully before submitting it.
If you provide us with incorrect or incomplete information during the order process, please contact us as soon as possible. If we are unable to process your order due to incorrect or incomplete information, we will contact you by email for clarification. If you do not give us the corrected information within five working days of our request, we will cancel your order and treat the contract as being at an end. If we incur any costs as a result of your incorrect or incomplete information, we may pass those costs on to you.
No part of our site constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer that we may, at our sole discretion, accept. Our acknowledgement of receipt of your order does not mean that we have accepted it. Our acceptance is indicated by us sending you an order confirmation by email. Only once we have sent you an order confirmation will there be a legally binding contract between us and you. We will include a paper copy of the order confirmation with your goods.
In the unlikely event that we do not accept or cannot fulfil your order for any reason, we will explain why in writing by email. No payment will be taken under normal circumstances. If we have taken payment, any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible. Any refunds due will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the goods.
Payment for goods and related delivery charges must be made in advance and you will be prompted to pay during the order process. Payment can be made by any major credit or debit card or through Paypal. However, we do not accept American Express, Diners Club, JCB, Laser or Discovery.
Delivery, Risk and Ownership
All goods purchased through our site will normally be delivered within 30 days after the date of our order confirmation unless otherwise agreed or specified during the order process (subject to delays caused by events outside of our control).
If we are unable to deliver the goods on or by the delivery date, the following will apply:
- If no one is available at your delivery address to receive the goods and the goods cannot be posted through your letterbox (or left in a safe place nominated by you), we will leave a delivery note explaining how to rearrange delivery or where to collect the goods;
- If you do not collect the goods or rearrange delivery, we will contact you to ask you how you wish to proceed. If we cannot contact you or arrange redelivery or collection, we will treat the contract as cancelled and recover the goods. If this happens, you will be refunded the purchase price of the goods themselves, but not the cost of delivery. We may also bill you for any reasonable additional cost that we incur in recovering the goods. Any refunds due for failed delivery will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the goods.
- If you do not wish to cancel your order or if none of the specified circumstances apply, you may specify a new (reasonable) delivery date. If we fail to meet the new deadline, you may then treat the contract as being at an end.
Delivery shall be deemed complete and the responsibility for the goods will pass to you once we have delivered the goods to the address (including, where relevant, any alternative address) you have provided.
Ownership of the goods passes to you once we have received payment in full of all sums due (including any applicable delivery charges).
Faulty, Damaged or Incorrect Goods
By law, we must provide goods that are of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, as described at the time of purchase, in accordance with any pre-contract information we have provided, and that match any samples or models that you have seen or examined (unless we have made you aware of any differences). If any digital content is included in the goods, that digital content must also conform.
If any goods you have purchased do not comply and, for example, have faults or are damaged when you receive them, or if you receive incorrect (or incorrectly priced) goods, please contact us with full details by email to email@example.com as soon as reasonably possible [can we give a time limit here?] to inform us of the fault, damage or error, and to arrange for a refund, repair or replacement.
Your available remedies will be as follows:
- Beginning on the day that you receive the goods (and ownership of them) you have a 30 day right to reject the goods and to receive a full refund if they do not conform as stated above.
- If you do not wish to reject the goods, or if the 30 day rejection period has expired, you may request a repair of the goods or a replacement. We will bear any associated costs and will carry out the repair or replacement within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience to you. In certain circumstances, where a repair or replacement is impossible or otherwise disproportionate, we may instead offer you the alternative (i.e. a replacement instead of a repair or vice versa) or a full refund. If you request a repair or replacement during the 30 day rejection period, that period will be suspended while we carry out the repair or replacement and will resume on the day that you receive the replacement or repaired goods. If less than 7 days remain out of the original period, it will be extended to 7 days.
- If after a repair or replacement, the goods still do not conform (or if we cannot do so as previously described or have failed to act within a reasonable time or without significant inconvenience to you), you may have the right either to keep the goods at a reduced price, or to reject them in exchange for a refund.
Please note that you will not be eligible to claim under this clause if we informed you of the fault(s), damage or other problems with the goods before you purchased them (and it is because of the same issue that you now wish to return them); if you have purchased the goods for an unsuitable purpose that is neither obvious nor made known to us and the problem has resulted from your use of the goods for that purpose; or if the problem is the result of normal wear and tear, misuse or intentional or careless damage. Please also note that you may not return goods to us under this clause merely because you have changed your mind - if you are a consumer in the European Union you have a legal right to a 14 day cooling-off period within which you can return goods for this reason.
Please note we are not able to offer returns on cut pieces of fabric or downloadable products.
Any goods to be returned must be sent to Sew Much To Do, 7 High Street Passage, Ely, Cambridgeshire CB7 4NB UK. Postage and packaging charges will not be refunded, nor will postage and packaging costs you have incurred for returning items to us. If you are returning items to us, please obtain proof of postage as we cannot be responsible for items lost in transit.
Refunds (whether full or partial, including reductions in price) under this clause will be issued within 14 days of the day on which we agree that you are entitled to the refund. Refunds will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the goods.
Cancelling and Returning Goods if You Change Your Mind
If you are a consumer in the European Union, you have a legal right to a “cooling-off” period within which you can cancel the contract for any reason. This period begins once your order is complete and we have sent you your order confirmation, i.e. when the contract between you and us is formed. You may also cancel for any reason before we send the order confirmation.
- If the goods are being delivered to you in a single instalment (whether single or multiple items), the legal cooling-off period ends 14 days after the day on which you (or someone you nominate) receive(s) the goods.
- If the goods are being delivered in separate instalments on separate days, the legal cooling-off period ends 14 days after the day on which you (or someone you nominate) receive(s) the final instalment of goods.
If you wish to exercise your right to cancel under this clause, you must inform us of your decision within the cooling-off period by writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, address, email address, telephone number and order number. Cancellation by email or by post is effective from the date on which you send us your message. Please note the cooling-off period lasts for whole calendar days.
Please ensure you return goods to us no more than 14 days after the day on which you have informed us that you wish to cancel under this clause. You may return goods to us in person during our business hours of 9am-5pm Monday to Saturday or by post or another suitable delivery service of your choice to Sew Much To Do, 7 High Street Passage, Ely, Cambridgeshire CB7 4NB. Please note that you must bear the costs of returning goods to us if cancelling under this clause.
Refunds will be issued to you within 14 days of the following:
- The day on which we receive the goods back or the day on which you inform us (supplying evidence) that you have sent the goods back (if earlier); or
- If we have not yet provided an order confirmation or have not yet dispatched the goods, the day on which you inform us that you wish to cancel the c
Refunds may be subject to deductions in the following circumstances:
- Refunds may be reduced for any diminished value in the goods resulting from your excessive handling of them (e.g. no more than would be permitted in a shop). Please note that if we issue a refund before we have received the goods and have had a chance to inspect them, we may subsequently charge you an appropriate sum if we find that the goods have been handled excessively.
- If a refund is issued to you under this clause, you will receive a full refund of any delivery charges.
- Refunds under this clause will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the goods.
Our Liability to You
We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of these Terms of Sale or as a result of our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by you and us when the contract is created. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
We only supply goods for domestic and private use by consumers. We make no warranty or representation that the goods are fit for commercial, business or industrial use of any kind (including resale). We will not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business, or for any loss of business opportunity – NOTE: we do supply to organisations, schools and small businesses..so what wording should go here?
Nothing in these Terms of Sale seeks to limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence (including that of our employees, agents or sub-contractors); or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Nothing in these Terms of Sale seeks to exclude or limit your legal rights as a consumer. For more details of your legal rights, please refer to your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, riots and other civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war (declared, undeclared, threatened, actual or preparations for war), epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond our reasonable control.
If any event described under this clause occurs that is likely to adversely affect our performance of any of our obligations under these Terms of Sale:
- We will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible;
- We will take all reasonable steps to minimise the delay;
- To the extent that we cannot minimise the delay, our affected obligations under these Terms of Sale will be suspended and any time limits that we are bound by will be extended accordingly;
- We will inform you when the event outside of our control is over and provide details of any new dates, times or availability of goods as necessary;
- If the event outside of our control continues for more than [how long?] we will cancel the contract and inform you of the cancellation. Any refunds due to you as a result of that cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within [how long?] of the date on which the contract is cancelled;
- If an event outside of our control occurs and continues for more than [how long?] and you wish to cancel the contract as a result, please email us at email@example.com or use any of the written methods provided on our contact page providing us with your name, address, email address, telephone number and order number. Any refunds due to you as a result of such cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within [how long?] of the date on which the contract is cancelled.
If you wish to contact us with general questions or complaints, you may contact us by telephone at 01353 865520 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Unit 23b, E-space North, 181 Wisbech Road, Littleport, Cambridgeshire CB6 1RA.
For matters relating the goods or your order, please contact us by telephone at 01353 664000, by email at email@example.com, or by post at 7 High Street Passage, Ely, Cambridgeshire CB7 4NB.
For matters relating to cancellations, please contact us by telephone at 01353 664000, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post at 7 High Street Passage, Ely, Cambridgeshire CB7 4NB.
Complaints and Feedback
We always welcome feedback from our customers and, while we always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure your experience as a customer of ours is a positive one, we nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint.
All complaints are handled in accordance with our complaints handling policy and procedure [insert link].
If you wish to complain about any aspect of your dealings with us, please contact us in one of the following ways:
- In writing, addressed to Lesley Partridge, Unit 23b, E-space North, 181 Wisbech Road, Littleport, Cambridgeshire CB6 1RA.
- By email to email@example.com
- By calling Lesley on 01353 865520 – please leave a message with your telephone number if your call isn’t answered and we will call you back as soon as possible.
How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
All personal information that we may use will be collected, processed and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights under the GDPR.
Other Important Terms
- We may transfer (assign) our obligations and rights under these Terms of Sale to a third party (this may happen, for example, if we sell our business). If this occurs, you will be informed by us in writing. Your rights under these Terms of Sale will not be affected and our obligations under these Terms of Sale will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
- The Contract is between you and us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms of Sale.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms of Sale are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms of Sale. The remainder of these Terms of Sale shall be valid and enforceable.
- No failure or delay by us in exercising any of our rights under these Terms of Sale means that we have waived that right, and no waiver by us of a breach of any provision of these Terms of Sale means that we will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- We may revise these Terms of Sale from time to time in response to changes in relevant laws and other regulatory requirements. If we change these Terms of Sale as they relate to your order, we will give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and provide details of how to cancel if you are not happy with them. If you do opt to cancel, you must return any affected goods you have already received and we will arrange for a full refund (including delivery charges) which will be paid within [how long?] of your cancellation.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England & Wales.
- If you are a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence.
- If you are a consumer, any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and us relating to these Terms and Conditions, or the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
- If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the [non?] exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
Information about us
Our site www.sewmuchtodo.co.uk is owned and operated by Sew Much To Do, a limited company registered in England no. 8195468, whose registered address is George Court, Bartholomew's Walk, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England CB7 4JW.
Access to our website
Access to our site is free of charge. It is your responsibility to make arrangements necessary to access the site. Access to our website is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue our website (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if our website (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
Certain parts of our website (including the ability to purchase goods from us) will require an account to access them. You must be over 18 to create an account or if under 18 you must have a parent or guardian's permission to register with and purchase goods from our website in conjunction with and under their supervision.
When creating an account, the information you provide must be accurate and complete. If any of your information changes, it is your responsibility to ensure that your account is kept up-to-date.
We recommend you choose a strong password for your account. It is your responsibility to keep your password safe. If you believe your account is being used without your permission, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not be liable for any unauthorised use of your account. Similarly, you must not use anyone else’s account without the account owner’s express permission.
Any personal information provided in your account will be collected, used and held in accordance with your legal rights and our legal obligations.
If you wish to close your account, you may do so at any time. Closing your account will result in the removal of your information and will remove access to any areas of our website that require an account for access. To close your account please send an email to email@example.com – please note it may take up to 7 working days to process your request.
Intellectual Property Rights
With the exception of any content you may create as a user on our website, all content on our website and the copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in that content belongs to Sew Much To Do Ltd, unless specifically labelled otherwise. All content is protected by applicable UK and international intellectual property laws and treaties.
Please do not reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, rent, sub-licence, store or in any other manner re-use content from our site unless specifically labelled otherwise or given express written permission to so by Sew Much To Do.
Our status as the owner and author of the content on our website (or that of any identified owner or author as appropriate) must always be acknowledged.
Please do not use any content printed, saved or downloaded from our website for commercial purposes without first obtaining written permission from us (or that of any identified owner or author as appropriate). This does not prohibit the normal access, viewing and use of our website for general information purposes whether by business users or consumers.
You may access, view and use our website in a web browser, download our website (or any part of it) for caching, print page(s) from our website, download any extracts, and save pages from our website for later or offline viewing.
Links to our website
You may link to any page of our site but we do ask that:
- you do so in a fair and legal manner;
- you do not do so in a manner that suggests any form of association, endorsement or approval on Sew Much To Do’s part where none exists;
- you do not use any logos or trademarks displayed on our website without our express written permission; and
- you do not do so in a way that is calculated to damage Sew Much To Do’s reputation or to take unfair advantage of it.
Links from our website
Across our website we may include links to other sites we feel may be of interest. Such websites are not under our control and we do not accept responsibility or liability for their content. If you choose to access these links you do so at your sole discretion and risk.
Our disclaimer provisions here apply only to the use of our website and not to the sale of goods, which is governed separately by our Terms of Sale.
Nothing on our website constitutes advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only. We will make every reasonable effort to ensure the content on our website is complete, accurate and up-to-date. We are not responsible for the content or accuracy, or for any opinions, views, or values expressed by any content provided by other users. Any such opinions, views or values are those of the relevant user and do not reflect our opinions, views or values in any way.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, we accept no liability to any user for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) our website or the use of or reliance upon any content (including user content) included on our website.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, we exclude all representations, warranties and guarantees (whether express or implied) that may apply to our website or any content included on our website.
If you are a business user, we accept no liability for loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that our website is free from viruses and other malware. However, we accept no liability for any loss or damage resulting from a virus or other malware, a distributed denial of service attack, or other harmful material or event that may adversely affect your hardware, software, data or other material that occurs as a result of your use of our website (including the downloading of any content from it) or any other site referred to on our site.
We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of our website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
Using our website
Please use our site responsibly and in a lawful manner.
To contact us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use any of the methods provided on our contact page.
Communications from Us
We will never send you marketing emails of any kind without your express consent. If you do give such consent, you may opt out at any time. All marketing emails sent by us include an unsubscribe link. Email marketing options can also be changed in your account settings on this website, <<insert location >>.
If you opt out of receiving emails from us at any time, it may take up to 7 business days for us to comply with your request. During that time, you may continue to receive emails from us.
If you have any questions or complaints about any communications you receive from us (including, but not limited to marketing emails), please email us at email@example.com or use any of the written methods provided on our contact page.
All personal information that we may use will be collected, processed and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and your rights under the GDPR.
For complete details of our collection, processing, storage and retention of personal data including, but not limited to, the purpose(s) for which personal data is used, the legal basis or bases for using it, details of your rights and how to exercise them and personal data sharing (where applicable), please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Law and Jurisdiction